It’s no secret that Gotham is passionate about its local food artisans, chefs, farmers, non-profits and shops. Heck, they’re the basis of our publication’s existence. To celebrate our best and brightest, we chose our nominees a few weeks back and put the selections to your vote.
Thanks to everyone who participated and — most importantly — thanks to the individuals and organizations who continue to keep our city one of the most innovative and enticing places to eat and drink.
Based on your votes, our 2015 Local Heroes are:
- Chef/restaurant: Russ & Daughters Café
- Farm/farmers: Ron Binaghi/Stokes Farm
- Food shop/market: Chelsea Market
- Food/beverage artisan: Orwasher’s Bakery
- Non-profit: Food Bank for New York City