Missed our handy New York cider map in the most recent issue? It features the cideries that joined us at our first ever Good Cider event a couple of months back. We were fortunate to have so many New York cider makers under one roof that evening, but both the regrettable and great news is that we couldn’t include all our state’s cideries in the room!
See below for a few of our hard cider–related stories. And if your favorite New York maker isn’t listed in this piece, never fear: we’ll be meeting tons of new ciders in a few months at Cider Week. Feel free to give us a tip by leaving a comment, too.
- Tree of Knowledge: Meet the husband-and-wife team behind one of the city’s most elusive ciders.
- Since our last issue, five Finger Lakes cideries have teamed up to open a tasting room at Good Life Farm. Go visit them at Finger Lakes Cider House.
- Indian Ladder Farmstead Brewery and Cidery released New York’s first exclusively local beer.
- 3 NY Hard Cider and Cheese Pairings, Made Easy
- Eden’s Ice Cider combines fruit, frost and fermentation for an exquisite take on the hard stuff.
- A Greenmarket farmer and his high school buddy team up to bring Bad Seed Cider to markets in the city.
Learn more about New York’s evolving cider scene via Glynwood’s Cider Project, which creates opportunities for the Hudson Valley region’s apple growers including a 2010 exchange with French producers.
And thanks to Wassail, the city’s first and only hard cider bar, there’s ample opportunity to try a variety of New York hard ciders whenever you please.
To point you to who poured at Good Cider, peruse this list of vendors: Black Diamond Ciders; Indian Ladder Farmstead Brewery and Cidery; Descendant Cider Co.; Eve’s Cidery; Awestruck Premoum Hard Ciders; Hudson Valley Farmhouse Cider; Mckenzie’s; Naked Flock Cider; Nine Pin Cider Works; Orchard Hill Cider Mill; Slyboro Ciderhouse; South Hill Cider; The Standard Cider Co. from Brotherhood; Wölffer Estate Vineyard; Doc’s Draft Hard Cider; Rumor Mill Hard Cider; Bellwether Hard Cider; Finger Lakes Cider House at Good Life Farm; Redbyrd Orchard Cider; Bad Seed Cider; 1911 Cider; Cliffton Dry; Aaron Burr: The Cidery; Yankee Folly Cidery; Badass Hard Cider; Harvest Moon Cidery at Critz Farms; Blackduck Cidery; Cider Tree (Hazlitt Winery)